2014년 8월 30일 토요일

07/07 @ Berlin /Germany - German Museum of Tech. & Jewish Memorial





I revisited German Museum of Tech.  because last night was closed so I had to get off at 

U Gleisdreieck, where got on the train last night.


There was a kind of fashion show was about to go on and hundreds of people were lined up.  
Around this region is historically industrialized district, so a lot of old factories and warehouses had been renovated into some other use or the artists started moving in because of cheap housing price along with the city beautification movement.











German Museum of Technology
Displaying from weaving machine to airplane etc.






First computer, 'z1'














I was excited to check out windmill and water tech. section but there wasn't very much learning materials.  It was more collaborated into park.  
I wanted to pick up some info into my brain about wind and water technology,
because they are very much associated with green building tech, and landscape architecture.
I had many thoughts of wind and water before come into this museum.
Cooling effect by using natural wind, what type of blades are the most efficient, or what are the new ways I can think of? 
Water - how can it be kept cleaned all the time, how can the fountain work without generating electricity by just using air and water pressure etc... 
um ...wahtever 





I went to Potsdamerplatz to go to Sony Center, and I had Chinese buffet for lunch 
It was only 8 Euros for all you can eat 






Generally most shops in this center were seemed unsuccessful.
Restuarants on first floor and I do not know if the rest of floors were all private offices.
There was no staircase or elevator to access upper floors, and securities were guarding 
in front of elevators.  I did not feel here very much welcoming visitors.  









Berlin Musical Instrument Museum
I found this building accidentally.


There are Kunstgewerbemuseum and Berliner Philharmonie beyond this building.  Those buildings were shaped in beautiful architecture, he road but I found out later when I was looking at the google map..  I could have gone to check out but did not feel like wanna crossing the road.  I love the nature and trees but once in a while I have happen to blame them for blocking the my view..OTL









Around 5 PM, park securities and World Cup public viewing staffs chasing people out of park
due to heavy rainstorm was expected.  Tiergarten was so huge that it seems hard to find missing person if there an accident.  So park was closing, then just walked toward Brandenburg Gate.



Brandenburg Gate
Finally I did the tourist's mission


Jewish Memorial
It was perfect day to visit here.  Rainy weather created dreary atmosphere but at the same time
I became very calm maybe because of a bunch of tombs look, and condolence to those who died under Nazi regime.







It is just nice to strolling around.  I had to better walk slowly otherwise bump into someone coming out of corner.  I think this architect meant people to walk slowly and carefully and think about this specific meaning of place.


Sometimes people appear and disappear so quickly from distance 
that creates feeling as if I am seeing ghosts.


This night was last day in Berlin.
It was a game Germany vs Brazil semi-final match, the most tough teams, and Germans were excited.  At the first goal people fired a huge fireworks, and no one was seemed had problem with those noises, instead all Germans watching game on TV.
However, the game became meaningless and fireworks became quiter and quiter because it was 7 to 1 German team just crushed Brazil, and fireworks ran out by unexpected too many goals.
This was very shocking result and Germany went for celebration.  I could not wait seeing the final, Germany vs Argentina. 










댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기